Thursday, July 9, 2015



July 9, 2015    Lesson 4.1-Fluency Blog Day 8

Well, I’ve got some serious catching up to do on my blog in the next couple of days. I know I haven’t done a real good job on my time management this past week because of the long weekend. It’s not I intended for it to be that way, and I’m not trying to make excuses because I put other things ahead of my class work, but I had been planning this event for a couple of months now, wanting the timing to be just right. I spent the day Thursday getting everything set. I got up about 4am Friday morning and went down to Bela Vista to bring my girl and my daughter here for a full family weekend which included my mom, my sister and her husband and even my dad. 

I had gotten fireworks to shoot off with my daughter with plans on going to the creek to it. But with all the rain and flooding of the rivers we didn’t know until we got down there if that would actually happen. It was flooded, but it had gone down enough that we found a place by the bridge to do them and all was good except for one minor incident when one of them fell over and was shooting balls at us and the pickup. The power behind it made me wonder if it actually dented the pickup, and one got my daughter on the arm. It left a small place, but nothing serious; still it scared the beegeebies out of her and I couldn’t blame her for that, that’s for sure, but it put a damper on the last few we had left to shoot off.  But all in all, after we all got calmed back down, it wound up ending pretty good.

The big event, however, was to take place Saturday night when we all went to the fireworks show out at the fairgrounds. We met at my sister’s house and we all left together so we could park our cars close together. We got there as they opened the gates about 6. We took grilled burgers and mom had made potato salad, slaw and other goodies so we could have a tailgate and not have to buy stuff while we were there. My daughter got to do all the inflatables and get her face painted while we waited for it to get dark enough for the fireworks to begin. My sister was taking lots of pictures. 

I was getting a bit nervous. I wanted everything to be just right. Mom made the arrangements to make it happen. Thank you Mom! 
Then, right before the fireworks began, the guy came over the PA and said “AMANDA, Luke has something he wants to ask you”…I got down on my knee and opened the little white box with the ring in it. She was so surprised!  She said YES! There in front of thousands of people and fireworks going off we are now officially engaged! 

After 5 years of ups and downs, both having done a lot of growing up and getting each of our own lives 
straightened out, being blessed with our beloved daughter, we are going to be a real family.
So yeah, I’ve been a bit side tracked the last few days, but I’m back on track, going to finish this up so I can keep moving forward, looking forward to the next semesters and getting my degree, and having my family here with me. Yes I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. This is so wonderful! Thanks for sharing this with us. I love how you can express how you feel about your family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete