Thursday, July 16, 2015

July 16, 2015 Fluency Blog – Day 11


Sigh…..Everyone has their own learning style, or combination of styles. I have come to two conclusions: 1) that online classes, as convenient as they appear to be, are just not for me. I need the one on one of the classroom setting; 2) don't take an English writing class during the Summer semester because it is just way too much to cram into that short of time span…. Another sigh.

I can make my way around the basic computer stuff like my email, Facebook, Craigs List, etc., but other than that, I'm not computer whiz...call me ,pretty much, computer illiterate, that's for sure. ..thinking I should have taken a basic computer class. Learning Black Board along with doing this English class has been a double whammy for me. Can we say CONFUSING!. Then lets throw in the weird hours I work, trying to grab at least five hours of sleep when I get home. There just isn't enough time even for the basics. I think I need, at least, an extra eight hours added to my day just to keep up. Don't get me wrong, I'm dedicated, so very grateful to be going to college and to have such a good job, and I know we all have to sacrifice something if we want to achieve our goals, but, I'm just about worn to a frazzle My head is full and starting to feel like mush this last week of class. I'm stressed about the proctored test...I've always had test anxiety...did I take good enough notes, am I going to be able to find and put into written words acceptable answers...and this research for our final essay...and I still need to get everything lined out for my fall classes, which will be starting in less than a month. 

DEEP BREATH, BREATHE! EXHALE! BREATHE! I CAN DO

THIS!!!!

All of a sudden the story of the “Little Train” which was read to us in kindergarten pops into my head saying,

“I THINK I CAN, I THINK, I CAN...I KNOW I CAN!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lucas,
    First of all --OF COURSE YOU CAN DO THIS! Next, I took CIS 101--Computers-- this semester. I thought I knew my way around a computer. I've had loads of experience with Excel and Word, but this class was PERFECT! Absolutely lifesaving. I would recommend taking it when you can. Anyone who was not in their first year told us in our discussions that they wish they had taken this class in the beginning. It made everything easier. And I would agree. But either way YOU CAN DO THIS!

    ReplyDelete