Thursday, July 16, 2015

July 17 Fluency Blog- Day 12


“I don't want to grow up, I don't want to grow up...I just want to be a Toys R Us kid”

I used to love to go to Toys R Us when I was a kid. I thought I had died and gone to Heaven with all those toys surrounding me...G I Joe, bats and balls, games, bikes., wagons...anything a little boy could dream of. It's no wonder I jumped at the chance to go with mom when she went. I'm not sure how enthused she was though. SMILES
And, It's no wonder now, having a daughter of my own, this is where I find myself returning, looking for just the right thing for birthdays and Christmas. I have noticed, though they have lots of cool stuff for little boys, they have a lot more cool stuff for little girls… every kind of Barbie and accessory you can imagine, not to mention the other dozens of dolls, of every size, shape and fashion, doll houses, little kitchens with food, pots and pans, princess clothes and accessories..how come little boys didn't have all that neat stuff? There is twice as much stiff for little girls than for little boys. I feel slighted!
Then they have all the electronic and educational stuff. Yeah, we had that too, but nothing like they have now. I guess I'm probably going to have a tendency to buy several of these, because I sure don't want her growing up to be computer illiterate like me...but still, I don't want her missing out on all of the fun stuff my sister's and I did as kids, either. I think you can get so wrapped up in that stuff that you miss out on being a real kid...being outside, running, jumping, climbing trees, swimming, etc. Kids now days don't get out and do anything. They sit in front of the TV or computer, playing their games, often because that is what moms and dads use for babysitters. That's just not right and not good for the kids.
Geez…I'm starting to think and talk like my parents. SMILES! But, I do still love going to Toys R US! I don't think I'll ever grow up that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment