Sunday, July 19, 2015

Lucas Newby
Ms. Kelly Anthony
SU15-Eng 101-W03
17 July 2015

Fluency Blog Reflection
Who would have ever thought that I'd be a blogger...sure not me...and, I'm not sure you could say I'm a good blogger but, I have really enjoyed the experience.
In our first lessons of the semester we were asked to create a blog in which we would make daily post for twenty four days in order to practice our fluency writing skills. Unfortunately with my work schedule and all of our other assignments, I didn't meet this goal; however, I did put forth an honest effort and found it to be a really good way to practice putting thoughts and words onto “paper” and improving my writing skills. I wish I would have had more time, because I honestly feel I cheated myself, and possibly others, who knows, because I didn't put as much value into this as I did my other assignments. I actually spent more time reading the other blogs trying to get ideas to write about, but I just wanted to get it done so I could get the rest of my assignments finished. Twenty, twenty hindsight, but maybe this blog spot is a place that I can continue to practice. It's a good idea, so I guess time will tell if I come back to it once we are done. I think I probably will.
As I reread from my first posts, some I am more proud of than others. I do see an improvement in structure, grammar, punctuation, and even spelling (although I have to give spell check a LOT of credit on that...THANK YOU Spell Check!). I have learned though, slow down, ( which is really hard for me), sort through my thoughts(again a challenge at times), find the structure and apply it to my writing, then, finally, edit and revise as needed. I've also learned you WILL have “Shit” drafts(sometimes more than one) before the final writing is completed. While I am a far cry from being a master writer, and most likely never will be, I do know now my essays and papers in the future will be substantially better than they were before this assignment and this class. The experience has definitely built some confidence in myself and what I am capable of doing.
I have read MANY of the other blog posts written by my classmates, as well as from the other class; some of which have inspired me, made me laugh, taught me lessons and stirred my emotions. I have flagged a few individuals hoping that they might continue their blogs even after the semester is over, because I think we have some really talented writers among us, who, in my opinion, have the potential to go far should they decide to pursue that path at some point of their journey. It has made me wonder what those who have read mine have thought. I hope they didn't think to themselves, poor guy, he'll never be a writer. Maybe not, but I'm a lot better than I was before Ms. A. gave us this opportunity. A big THANK YOU goes out to Ms. A for making this such an interesting class.

No comments:

Post a Comment