Sunday, July 19, 2015

July 19, 2015 Fluency Blog Day 16



This was my first online class and I've been very apprehensive about it. It's like having a second class , having to learn all the ins and outs and learning to navigate around it. But I have almost survived another semester, and learned something new. Though it has saved me a lot of time in many ways, not to mention gas, I'm still not sure that I like it that well; but I also think it has to do with my learning style. I am one that needs the one on one in the seated class in order to stay focused, and I comprehend better by actually listening to lecture.  That is me, and there is a legitimate reason for it. Don't get me wrong, I may wind up doing other classes online, and I'm grateful for the experience and the fact this class was available this summer, Ms. A has been a good teacher, I like her style, but online is just not my preference.
Combine the online with the shorter session of Summer classes, and it has been a real challenge for me. As English has never been one of my strongest subjects, given the fact my stupidity caused me to miss out on so much of it in high school, if I had to recommend taking any of the basic Math and English classes, I would not suggest doing them during the summer. I would wait until Spring or Fall where its not so fast paced. But we do what we have to do, and I've made it this far, so I know I'm going to survive. I can say the experience wasn't bad, but it was quite an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment