Monday, June 29, 2015



June 29, 2015             Lesson 4.1 Fluency Blog-Day 5

I have juggled, tossed, turned over and over, thrown on the floor and stomped on ideas and thoughts  for days now on what to write about for this weeks I Believe  Essay assignment. There are so many things that one believes in become so automatic that go without a second thought as to why we believe that way. But what is evident, everyone has beliefs and they came from somewhere. Not everyone’s beliefs are the same. Many are quite different depending on our culture, traditions, etc. Does having a different belief make any one person’s beliefs right or wrong? Does that give anyone just cause to tell another they are wrong because they don’t believe exactly how they do? Who determines what is right or wrong?

In putting thought to these questions is it not each belief that makes us the unique individuals we are. I don’t want someone telling me what I should or should not believe because it is their belief. So why should that same belief not apply to me. So, after all this juggling, tossing and turning over, throwing on the floor and stomping I’ve been doing, it finally hits me…it’s all about individual choice…our rights… freedom of religion, speech, etc… and it’s all about RESPECT. Respecting that I can have a different opinion than someone else, and they can have a different opinion other than mine. It makes neither of us right, or wrong. It just means we think differently. One can agree to disagree. And, once we can determine that, then respect can be established with no need for argument. That is what is supposed to be about. Somewhere people have lost respect for other people’s rights.

A person that demands respect rarely gets respect. You can’t push your opinions or beliefs on someone else and get respect. Respect is not a God given right, it must be earned. But respect is deserved and should be given to everyone and everything. This I believe. 

And I believe I have just found my creed!!!!!!!
Lucas.

2 comments:

  1. Well Lucas, I believe you have put my week into words with your first sentence. "I have juggled, tossed, turned over and over, thrown on the floor, and stomped ideas and thoughts." At this point my kids are praying for me to finish this blasted essay. I am convinced that, if they knew how, they would awake in the middle of the night and try to turn one of the many, many drafts in for me, simply to make their lives easier. Your post was very encouraging. Thank you for putting it into words and for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Lucas, I believe you have put my week into words with your first sentence. "I have juggled, tossed, turned over and over, thrown on the floor, and stomped ideas and thoughts." At this point my kids are praying for me to finish this blasted essay. I am convinced that, if they knew how, they would awake in the middle of the night and try to turn one of the many, many drafts in for me, simply to make their lives easier. Your post was very encouraging. Thank you for putting it into words and for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete