Friday, June 26, 2015



June 26 2015              Lesson 4.1 Fluency Writing Blog-Day 2

TGIF…. It has been a really long week, but at least I’m off tonight and for the weekend. Maybe I can finally get caught up. I got up this afternoon with several things I needed to do…so off I go headed to town to get them done. All is good, then, BAM!…I stop to find out how much it’s going to cost to have a ring sized. A hundred dollars!! I think not. So I drove all the way to Springfield to check a couple other places I was told might be a little less… and find out I’ve forgotten my billfold.  Damn. I don’t have my driver’s license, I don’t have my debit card, I don’t have anything that I need and its twenty minutes, at least, back home, not to mention the gas. Wonder what else is going to go wrong? Now I’m getting ticked. My frustration and negativity is starting to surface. OK…OK…guess that little test we took is showing what it knows about me. At least I’m aware of it now. That’s a positive, right? Deep breath!

I’m behind on my reading this week. The hours I work make it hard for me to keep things balanced. I’ve been so tired. I’m thinking about “Hell Week” in our reading this week. I work out nearly every day; I eat healthy, and take all these vitamins and stuff. I’ve been through hell in my past and now I’m back…I’m pretty tough, or so I think. I wanted to be a Marine. I think I would have made a good one. But what these guys go through…could I have made it through that or would I have found myself ringing that bell?  NO! I’m going to do the Hokey Pokey. I’m going to “shake it all around…and turn myself around. THAT’S WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT!”  College is a walk in the park compared to what they had to go through. I can do this!

But first…I hear the ice cream truck playing its little jingle coming down the street. Man, its been a long time  since I chased down the ice cream truck. It’s been a long week, it’s my weekend, I deserve a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment